A database management system (DBMS) is a software package designed to define, manipulate, retrieve, and manage data in a database. For more information please refer to the article Create a database.
Perform the following steps to create a new MySQL DBMS:
- Go to Settings → Database servers → Add.
- Enter the Name.
- Select “MySQL” in the Type field.
- Select “Connect an existing server” in the Action field.
- Specify the database Server address.
- Enter the Username and Password to access the DBMS. Use the upper and lower-case letters, digits, special symbols (such as @, ?, %) to set a strong password.
- Enable the option Remote access to allow remote connections to the DBMS, and specify the IP address of the server.
- Click on Ok.