A web-disk is a network disk that allows several users to access and edit files.
Enable a web-disk
The apache mod_dav module is used. Apache ITK must be enabled.
To allow your users to use a web-disk:
- Go to Web-server settings → Web-disk.
Enable the option Enable Web-disk.Details
The following webdisk.conf file is create in /<Apache directory>/conf/vhosts-default/:Details
DAVLockDB — a full path to the blocking database file.
Dav on — enables the web-disk for all users.
The following <username>.conf file is create in /<Apache directory>/conf/webdav-users/ for every ISPmanager user:Details
AuthUserFile — path to the file with data that are used for user authentication when he accesses the web-disk.
Require user <username> — only the specified user will be allowed to access the web-disk directory.
Alias — alias for the user web-disk.
3. Enter the Maximum post size that can be processed by the proxy module Nginx (client_max_body_size) in B, KiB, MiB. Eg., “100 MiB”, “2000 KiB”. The default value is “0 B”, the post size is not checked.
4. Click on Ok.
Configure the web-disk
To configure a web-disk for the user:
- Log in as the user and go to WWW → Web-disk.
Enter the Directory (the path is relative to the user home directory) where the data will be saved. The user home directory is specified by default.Details
In /<Apache directory>/conf/webdav-users/ <username>.conf the alias for the web-disk is changed:
- Click on Ok.
Link to web-disk
How the link is generated:
- If nginx-proxy is disabled the link will be generated as follows: “https://<IP-address or domain name of the cluster node where the user is located>/webdav/<username>”.
- If nginx-is enabled the link will be generated as follows: “https://<IP-address or domain name of the server where ISPmanager runs when proxy is enabled>/webdav/<username>”
The link is displayed on the User Dashboard in ISPmanager.
To enable the web-disk on Windows, you first need to allow for auth_basic authentication.